I was so excited to find out I was having a baby girl a few years ago. I can’t believe that was almost 3 years ago! Once we found out , my next mission was creating a super girly nursery. I knew I wanted lots of pink, white, and cream. My amazing Mother-In-Law made the cutest bedding. She can sew like nobodies business. I was able to pick out my fabric which was the base for the rest of the nursery decor. I picked a pastel pink colored fabric for the main print that had some damask throughout. I also picked coordinating trim and cream fabric to go with it. She also sewed the curtains to match the bedding. Next, I wanted a ceiling fan but also a chandelier. This was a BIG DILEMMA. I even thought , at one point, about doing a chandelier fan. Have you heard of these? It’s a ceiling fan but the light kit on it is a chandelier. Because our ceiling was only 8 feet tall upstairs, I thought the chandelier fan would hang down too low in the room. My alternate solution was to use a plug-in chandelier, like a lamp. In the picture, you can see it over the cute table where the diaper cake is sitting. I put a cord cover from Pier 1 Imports to cover the chain. The frame collage, on the wall by the rocking chair, came from my Mom’s collection she has had for years. I spray painted (I’ll have another post about my favorite spray paint and technique) them to match the decor. The big ornate frame between the candlesticks is from IKEA. I especially love the cute newspaper bows on each candlestick holder. My Mother-In-Law made them for my baby shower (along with that diaper cake) and I wanted to use them in the nursery too.
The shelf above her changing table was a garage sale find that I spray painted. The “Aylie” name strung under the shelf was made by my Mother-In-Law. The letters came from Hobby Lobby and were spray painted. She then took bronze craft wire to string the letters , curling or bending the wire as she went.
The flowers on the shelf are in one of my favorite vases. A painted Mason Jar. I had some cream paint laying around so this was an easy project. I finished if off by tying a ribbon bow around the jar.
I love how everything came together so perfectly. It is so girly and I can’t wait to set it all back up when we move into our new house. The final design appointment is Monday. We are moving right along. It seems so far away (probably because it is), 8 months to be exact. You know what they say, good things come to those who wait. I’ll be posting Monday all about our builder’s design center and what we have picked out. Stay tuned…..