Stay Connected With The Latest Posts

Stay Connected With The Latest Posts

The following post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.

Once upon a time, I had a lot of plans for a new house. Then we moved into the house. The projects were everywhere. It took a lot longer to get them done than I thought. For instance, this gallery wall. I knew I wanted to hang a grouping of botanical prints in my front living room. However, It took me forever to find the right frames and actually hang them.

My front room looked like a blank canvas for a long time. I didn’t mind because I like clean and simple. Over time, I knew I had to get something on the walls. When I was working on my son’s Star Wars room, I came across Home James Art. She had the perfect patent prints for his bedroom. When I came to pick them up, Jo also has some lovely botanical prints. I knew they were perfect for my front room.

I now had the perfect prints and no frames. I started to look everywhere for something brass or gold. I needed six of the frames. Everything was getting really pricey and over budget. I then decided I would have to find something in any color and just spray paint them. IKEA always has affordable frames. I wanted the frame to be thinner and dainty for an elegant look. I found these in black and knew I could make them work. The best part of all, they were only $4.99 each. Yes, those are pumpkins on the table all the way back from the fall (told you this took forever to complete). Those are also my super trendy mom leopard house shoes. Be jealous people, be very jealous of this mom uniform.

When I got them home, I went straight to priming the frames with my KILZ primer. You can see my full spray painting tutorial here. I made sure to let them dry for a couple hours. Then, I used my favorite brass spray paint. I have used this color all over my house. It really is the perfect brassy gold color. 

I put my new botanical prints back in the frames, once they had dried. Then, I sat them on the couch, right below where they would be hung. That is where they sat for months, months people! I don’t know why I never got around to hanging them sooner. They were done enough and I had a million other things to do, apparently. 

Then my son got his tonsils out. I was home playing nurse for weeks. In between taking care of him, I was finally able to get these hung. I guess the trick is being stuck inside, for days at a time, to get anything done around here. I really like how they look, especially for the price. No more blank wall in this room. However, the other side of this room still needs chairs and a rug. I hope to show you more at the Joyful Spring Home Tour in March!

SHAREShare on Facebook